Friday, December 12, 2008

Lombardini-powered diesel bug $2500

I am not totally sure what the motivation could have been to create a 23hp Lombardini diesel bug. I am also not sure why I feel so much respect for this guy. I suppose it is just that he so clearly did this for love rather than money. How much time must it have taken to install this engine, only to sell the whole car for $2500?
















The exterior is very nice; maybe it has been repainted? I like the sedate moss green color, which seems very 1977.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/952607691.html

1 comment:

  1. I saw this car in person in the hills above Rockridge an must say it is a gem. I personally think they should have put a larger motor in it so one could take it on the highway. Then you could crisscross the country in this thing with nothing but processed soy.

    ReplyDelete